Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Day 6 ~ Winning

Today:
Today was the first day that I was going to begin reviewing the Philosophers Notes ~ one per work day for 100 days. I am not following exactly along on the challenge as put out for these notes (50 books in 50 days beginning on Jan. 11th), as I find work days will be the easiest to remain consistent with, and weekends will allow me to reflect on the books and complete any tasks that I wanted to in relation to what I have learned. I also want to do all 100 books!
 
So, as I have all 100 Philosopher Notes loaded onto my ipod shuffle, I realized that there is no way for me to choose which one I wanted to start with, so I put my ipod on random and trusted the process.  Today's book that was chosen for me, was:
The Psychology of Winning, Dr. Denis Waitley  - summarized in the philosopher's notes by Brian Johnson.
 
What I took away from today's book review -
Writing down my BAG - A few of my Blessings (my kids, my puppies, great job, amazing friends, creative mind, attracting like minded people, ability to step outside the box, friends and coworkers willing to step outside of box with me, my beautiful house, my great neighborhood, my reliable vehicle,
                               A few of my proud Accomplishments (obtained a great job, mapped out the book and have it half written, lost 30 lbs last year, seeing changes in culture at work - I played a big part of that, started a business, learned website building, built a pretty cool looking website, developed, wrote, and recorded 5 meditations, co-wrote song, built mini recording studio, )
                                     Some of my Goals for this year. (complete 50 more meditation recordings, build commerce area of website, develop workshop with business partners, finish book, get published, lose 50 lbs)
 
I added... The process of which I am going to do this:
                                                                    Process: regular exercise, daily gratitudes, self improvement review daily, take creative time daily, blog 365 day challenge daily, meditation daily, daily affirmations (bathroom mirror morning and night), take inspired action
 
Also, loved from todays book review is: "Concentrate all your energy and intensity, without distraction, on the successful completion of your current project. Finish what you start." ~ I have hung this up as a mantra  (affirmation) up on my bathroom wall - the room I go in first thing in the morning and last thing at night without failure.  I have added this as a new ritual - to read off my affirmations to myself in the mirror 2x / day.  I will add to these affirmations as I go along in this process.
# 1.  I concentrate all my energy and intensity, without distraction, on the successful completion of my current project. I finish what I start.
 
Another idea from the book....Plan Your Life: set goals - done! Envision the ideal - daily - during shower meditation, while driving, quite time!  Journal - this blog is my journal!
 
I thought the review of this book was excellent. It gave me lots of food for thought and some new processes that will work for me came into form.  I turned off my ipod at the end of this review with the feeling of a NIKE add - "Just Do It!" I smiled as I flipped to the radio, and with perfect serendipity, Stepphenwolf's Born to Be Wild began to play... "Get your motor running... Head out on highway... Looking for adventure... And whatever comes my way"..... Messages do not come any clearer than that!
 
With love and gratitude... I "Get my motor running looking for adventure".... Woopeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!
 

Rituals:
Exercise: 25 minutes on rebounder
Gratitude: Top things I am grateful for today: 
1.  A great drive to a different work location this morning, traffic was easy, roads were clear and it gave me the amount of time I needed to listen to the first philosopher note my ipod chose for me.   
2. A very positive focussed meeting with a group of positive staff members. 
3. An unexpected meeting with an upset associate, which I took a few minutes to set my mind in a positive tone prior to joining meeting, and had amazingly positive results ~ I could feel my calmness flow out of me and cover her ~ wonderful!  
4.  The amazing energy that I am feeling today!  
5. Getting email from someone that was on my mind ensuring me that he was "Ok as cotton candy". hehe. Thank God for wonderful word play! 
6. Serendipitous occurrences ~ I love when that happens! Having the NIKE ad of "JUST DO IT" tattooed on my mind after listening to the PN's this morning, and when I switched over to the radio I hear "Get your motor running, head out on the highway, looking for adventure, and whatever comes my wayyyyyy.. born to be wiiiilllllddddd! Fun Fun Fun stuff!!! Sang all the rest of the way to work!
Daily Meditations: shower of abundance

Results noticed... whohoooooooooooo need I say more! Just read the blog - tons of cool results!!

No comments:

Post a Comment