Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Day 19 - I'm great, you're great, life is great!

Today's philosopher's note was Wallace D Wattles, The Science of Being Great.
Wallace D Wattles is an amazing man, who lived in the late 1800's, studied successful people, applied the principles on himself that worked for them and actually turned his life around from one of poverty to one of absolute abundance.
I facilitated a study on his book The Science of Getting Rich with a small group last year.  His teachings really speak to me and I find studying and practicing his principles really increase my energy level.  I have, of course, read The Science of Being Great before and in fact I own it.  You can read it online for free by going here: http://www.psitek.net/pages/PsiTek-the-science-of-being-great-Contents.html  I really enjoyed Brian's coles notes on the book! Way to go, Bri!
 
 
Results:
Well, I do have something exciting to share now... In relation to health.  Once or twice per year, I get a urinary tract infection which I have always required antibiotics to combat.  Two weeks ago, I got another UTI, which I decided would just have to go away on its on.  I must admit, I did have one day in which I considered going to the doctor, but when I called, my doctor was on vacation for 2 more days.  So I told myself that I would wait until he was back, and if it was still bothersome, then I would go to see him for antibiotics.  Before those 2 days were up, my UTI seemed to be totally gone.  I waited for another week and half before blogging on here about it, because I did not want to give it any power incase it was still lurking in the shadows.  But alas, I have not had any symptoms at all since it first seemed to go away. 
 
 Here is what I did.... Purple has always resembled excellent health for me, so I began envisioning my urinary tract surrounded by purple, healing it as it was encompassing it in a ray of purple light. During my shower meditations, I focused on any infections leaving my body and flowing away with the water down the drain. I continued to 'act as if' I did not have a UTI, and this meant not speaking about and not acknowledging it. I spoke about feeling great, energized and healthy, I wrote about feeling great, energized and healthy.  When it was apparent, like when going for a 'pee', I envisioned with each urination that all the infection was leaving and about to be 'flushed' away.  I continued to use my rebounder (mini tramp), and pretended like it was a prescription from the doctor that would rush this UTI away. 
 
Halleluia! This whole process took about 5 days from the time it began to bother me to the time it totally went away.  I have tried "ignoring" UTI's before, but always, by about day 5, I would be at the doctor begging not only for antibiotics but also something alleviate the spasms that go along with a UTI.  I am thrilled and feeling very powerful about experiencing this result.  The law of attraction is a beautiful thing!
 
BTW - during this time I also had a bit of a cold, which I'm sure disappeared quickly due to everything I was practicing.  I feel strongly about this, because my son got the same cold and he missed 3 days of school, was very very sick with headaches, sore throat and a horrible cough for over a week.  Mine never turned into more than a slightly runny nose!

My Gratitudes:
A beautiful sight on my way home from work where a couple of kids on my street were teaching their weimaraner breed of dog to pull their sleigh.  Everyone, even the dog, had a huge smile on their face! It made me grin from ear to ear and I felt so grateful to see so much innocent fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment