Saturday, January 2, 2010

Day 2 ~ My first steps

After a great amount of reflection, I realized that the first thing I needed to do was to get into some healthy habits that will make me feel good.  This should make aligning myself with my desires a whole lot easier. I am told that the best way to increase happiness endorphins is through laughter, exercise and a good roll in the hay. Since I am single at the moment, I decided that for now, I will rely on laughter and exercise. Ideally, this will help me achieve my goal of weight loss as well.

Tonight, I decided to try out a Christmas present that my kids bought me.... A work out belly dancing video. Well, wonderfully, this not only provided me with the exercise required to increase endorphins, but it also provided me with plenty of laughter. Picture an uncoordinated, middle age woman who never quite took care of the 'baby belly' from children many years ago, wearing a belly dance wrap around her hips, "shaking it" to some exotic music. Quite a sight, and without a great sense of humor could quite possibly be described as SCARY. LOL. I am so grateful for my warped sense of humor!

Promise to myself ~ some form of exercise will be built into my day at least 4 times / week.
I have also made a promise to myself to record my gratitudes on Gratitude Log every day. I find when recording on the gratitude log, it makes me take note throughout my day of all the things that made me smile, so that I have something to write about at the end of the day. Noticing what makes me smile through the day makes me smile even more in the instant. This has to be helping to align me with my desires.

Results so far ~ I am definitely finding myself laughing more and feeling good about myself and my life. I, also, had a wonderful and loving conversation with a dear friend today. (I am attracting love my way.. wohooo) I have become inspired to pull my camera back out again and take some pictures for the greeting cards that I design and sell on Greeting Card Universe . When my creative mind becomes active, I know I am on the right track!

Next Steps ~ Review my gratitudes from yesterday ( the new years eve 2010 exercise) and set my goals with action steps.

With extreme gratitude and love, I continue on my journey. 

No comments:

Post a Comment