Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Day 5 - my introduction to philosopher notes

Well, today was another great work day. Got so much accomplished and some positive meetings with great results occurred. Even though I seem to be arguing with a cold right now, my energy level remained high. 

I received an email today reminding me about Brian Johnson's (a fellow gratitude logger) Philosopher Notes. Ofcourse I didn't wait a single moment before I jumped in on his brilliant idea.
"Think: Mini-CliffsNotes™ for Personal Growth Books—Giving You More Wisdom in Less Time".
Anyways, today, I have decided that his 100 audio notes will become a part of my daily routine. On each work day, I will listen to one of the 20 minute audio's on my drive in. I will set my intentions to practice whatever wisdom he brings to me each day. Thank you, Brian for this wonderful idea!! A 100 day challenge to add to my 365 day challenge! wohoo.

Today, I have also noticed that this blog is definitely giving me some personal accountability. As I said, I am having an argument with a cold bug right now, and I definitely did not feel like exercising.  As I sat down to write this blog, I wondered if should just give my cold as an excuse for not exercising today, then I remembered Dr. Wayne Dyers' "Excuses Begone" book and realized that my promise was to practice what I have learned regarding the law of attraction. Then I thought, well, no one would know if I lied... but then I realized that "I WOULD!"  So, I pulled out the rebounder and did 20 minutes of aerobics to some hoppin' Johnny Reid! (Love that man)  And I am pleased to say that the rebounder does wonders at clearing the sinuses!! Wohoo.. another great decision. Way to go, me!

I have added the shower of abundance meditation to my daily routine as well. This is a great meditation to begin with, as it does not take any extra time out of the day - you actually do it while you are taking a shower, envisioning nothing but greatness and abundance washing over you. I find it makes me feel so energized. I love it. 

Rituals:
Exercise - as I said - yes.. 20 minutes on rebounder
Daily Gratitudes:
1. The worker at the gas station this morning that was able to turn it around even after the man in front of me complained to her for 10 minutes about the price of gas at her station. She was still able to serve me with a smile and a joke. Great attitude!
2.  A very well chaired and productive meeting that will assist an individual live a higher quality of life.
3.  Excited about planning a fundraising event that I know will be very successful.
4. Brian Johnson's philosophers notes - excited to add this to my daily rituals - a book a day keeps the cobwebs away lol
5. Saying goodbye to those 6 lbs I gained over Christmas break! woopeeeeeeeeeee!
Shower of Abundance:
Focusing on superb health flooding over me.
Philosophers Notes:
I begin tomorrow! :-)

Results:
Wow, nothing but good feelings coming my way. Daily routine is going so smooth and this blog is giving me the personal accountability I needed!

No comments:

Post a Comment