Monday, February 1, 2010

Day 32 ~ The Power is within me!

What a glorious day.  What started out as the kind of day that could have really set the stage for whining and complaining, has turned out to be just super fantastic! I am really grateful for the events of my morning as they have proven to me that I really do have the power to turn it around at anytime.
Quick update - on the weekend my furnace broke down, and with afterhour prices, it cost me just under $500 to get it fixed. This morning, my daughter slept in, needed a ride to school (which makes me late for work), I ran outside to discover an almost flat tire, stopped at 2 gas stations only to discover after paying for the air that the machines were not working properly (but at least gave me enough air to drive safely to work), got the wrong kind of tea at Tim Horton's, and daughter was in a rather foul mood and showed me it all the way into town.  When I got to work, I realized that it was time for some serious 'smile therapy'. I decided then and there that I would turn my day around.  And turn around it did!  I got an update from our accounts payable person that I hadn't submitted my expenses for the past 4 months, so when I did that, I got enough to pay off my furnace and some extra to cover the workshop I am going to in May!  The work day flew by with much progress on the tasks I was working on! After work, I stopped for air at a different gas station, and was lucky enough to pull up right behind someone who just filled his tire, and there was enough 'free air' left to bring my tire up to where it should be.  Had a super supper with some gals that I took a coaching course with in the fall. Had enough fun energy left in me to swing by and pick up my daughter from work instead of her having to take the bus home.  Life is truly what we make it ~ and undoubtedly we attract whatever we put our attention on.  I am happy to report that this has truly resonated within me, and I will be choosing my days intentionally now!
The philosophers note for today, randomly chosen by my ipod shuffle, was ironically enough, The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle.  I listened to this after work on my way to supper with the gals. My biggest take away from this was the quote "Accept it as if you had chosen it". I love this ~ work with it, not against it. What a wonderful way to turn around your thinking ~ and I believe I definitely demonstrated this today as I walked into work.  Beautiful timing!

Ohhh.. also, just totally loving The Passion Test I wrote about yesterday! I have added the strong intention to attend the certified Passion Test Workshop offered by Janet Attwood. With faith and confidence, my intention is strong! This is going to rock to add to my coaching! Yayy... the path of life is an amazing and adventurous ride! Love it!  Also, super grateful to Janet for stopping by my blog yesterday and saying hi. After reading her story of personal growth, she is a guaranteed inspiration to me and my path of enjoyment and enlightenment! Way to Go, Janet! You Rock!

In gratitude and lovely blessings,
Trace

Today's Gratitudes:
So grateful for a wonderful supper with the 'coaching girls'. Yummy food and great catching up! Looking forward to next months get together. :-) Also, very grateful for the clarity that continues to come my way to enjoying the path of my passion. Wohooo... life really does rock! :-) Oh yeah... and puppies.. puppies, puppies, puppies! Gawd I love those little stinkers! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment